Tuesday 6 August 2013

Dark Girls - The Documentary

While going through a women's portal that I have been following quite religiously these days, I came across an article in their archive. Titled 'Dark Girls: A Documentary', the headline caught my attention. As I went on to read the post, I grew even more interested in what this documentary actually had to offer. Actor - Director Bill Duke conceptualized and directed this documentary that is a compilation of interviews taken of darker skinned women and their issues in and around the Black Community. 

An excerpt from the documentary is something I'll be sharing with you here today. It sure made me think about how I believe we let our minds twist things out of control sometimes. There are always going to be those who whisper about our skin color. Whether or not we let that affect us is, after all, our choice. Nonetheless, I think it's a well made video and deserves to be seen. I hope you take the time out to watch the whole video (9 minutes and 22 seconds). 

RISE WOMEN RISE. 


No comments:

Post a Comment