Monday 5 August 2013

Not Fair Yet Lovely

Image Courtesy 'Not Fair Still Lovely' Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/Not.fair.still.lovely

Wanted - Fair, Thin Girl for Indian boy. Sound familiar? 
Trying to suck your stomach in while  you look at yourself in the mirror is something we all do, all the time perhaps. But why? Why can't we just be in love with that gut - as wretched as we may think it looks? Who has convinced us that it looks wretched? 

Is it the fault of those gazillion stretch marks - some from previous weight loss journeys that didn't end too well; or from childbirth? 


Is it the fault of those pint sized women that stare back at us from the television screens? 


Is it the fault of those airbrushed women with high cheekbones and the long flawless torso who bare all in magazines? 


Is the airbrushing just about getting rid of cellulite or does it help lighten their skin tone by two shades or sometimes a hundred?


Are we ever really going to be happy with the way we look?Or is it really our fault that we didn't fall in love with ourselves? 


About 6 years back, my then boyfriend said something to me that changed my life forever. He said 'Darling, if you can't truly fall in love with yourself, then how can I do the same?' 


That was the day I began a journey towards finding out what was it that made me who I was; and in the process I found a lot of sisters along the way who thought like me. As they say, you're not the only one when it comes to any battle. There is always someone else out there who knows what you're going through. It's only a matter of time before you find them. 


Who knows how many more people I will find on my journey here. Perhaps this blog may also introduce me to a plethora of emotions and individuals who may change the course of this journey that's already underway. 


Regardless of where I go with this blog, remember - You may not be fair, but you're still lovely. You may not be stick thin, but you're still gorgeous! 

1 comment:

  1. Dusky people's are more beautiful and gorgeous than the fairer one.

    http://consumer.admanya.com

    ReplyDelete